Lynkeus became full member of the Big Data Value Association.
Lynkeus has been animating key debates at a European level such as Big Data in healthcare, new challenges and solutions for privacy and data security, by publishing peer-reviewed papers and opinions, organising roundtables and networking. Here is a partial list of events and relevant publications
- At the ICT2013 Conference (Vilnius, November 2013), on Big Data in Healthcare. Prior to the session, a discussion paper (Big Data Healthcare – An overview of the challenges in data intensive healthcare – which can be found here http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/dae/document.cfm?doc_id=3499 ) has been released by Lynkeus’ President, Edwin Morley-Fletcher, after a discussion with a number of European stakeholders and IT top-level researchers. Following to this paper, an article by Edwin Morely-Fletcher (“Healthy data?”) has been published on the Horizon 2020 Projects magazine (it can be found here: http://goo.gl/JynVAh).
- The second networking session was organised within the recent ICT2015 conference, held in Lisbon in October 2015. The session focused on “Enhanced Consent: a vision for Patient Data Protection and Data Management”. Also on this occasion, a discussion paper was circulated (it can be found here: http://goo.gl/CvoXay).
We are active promoters of a newly formed interest group on Health Data within the Research Data Alliance, which is scheduled be formally established following the RDA Plenary Conference in Tokyo (March 3rd 2016). Lynkeus’ President, Edwin Morley-Fletcher, is a thought leader bringing to international audiences his experience and vision on advanced decision support systems, big data, privacy and security issues. A partial list of conferences he spoke at is below:
- EHRA Innovation Forum, Rottach-Egern, Germany February 11th
- Information Day on ICT15 – Big Data PPP: Large Scale Pilot actions in sectors best benefitting from data-driven innovation
- EC round-table on personal information management, Brussels – 27 November 2015
- European Data Forum – Luxembourg, November 16-17
- ENISA Annual Privacy Forum – Luxembourg, 8th October, 2015
- HIMSS Healthcare Privacy and Security Forum on June 30th-July 1st, 2015, Chicago
- Healthcare Innovation Summit on June 16th-17th, 2015, Chicago
- Conference on a Magna Carta for Data, Brussels, February 4th, 2015, promoted by Insight Centre for data analytics.
- VPH Workshop On Clinical Data Management and Sustainability, Amsterdam 17th-18th March 2015, sponsored by the EU funded projects MD-Paedigree, P-medicine and VPH-Share.
Also thanks to this intense networking activities, Lynkeus has developed a network of research centres, hospitals and industry leaders with which is incubating and/or managing both joint research and business initiatives.